Tuesday, November 2, 2010 | 9:00 AM
The Google Apps Marketplace team is always looking for ways to help its vendors add new users and improve installation metrics. In order to help achieve these goals, we have launched the Apps Ecosystem Marketing Kitchen. Through experimentation, we want to collectively identify, test, and share best marketing practices for business web app.
The first initiative we cooked up is designed to help you, as a vendor, minimize the abandonment rate of Marketplace prospects as they bounce around your Marketplace property and various product pages without clear a “call to action”.
The vendors who drive the most traffic and installs to their Marketplace listing page through their “Add to Apps” button between Nov 9th - 16th will be included in the front page Featured and Notable sections on the Apps Marketplace site.
The “Add to Apps” button will improve your listing’s performance.
- Increase Conversions: Reduces the risk of users getting lost while navigating between the Marketplace and your website, which will result in a better experience for users and more installs for you.
- More Accurate tracking: Properly encoding the button URL using Google Analytics will enhance data-driven tracking so that we can better work together to understand and improve the user acquisition funnel.
- Bonus - Get a front page feature: The six (6) top traffic/install drivers during the challenge time-frame will be featured on the homepage. We will list:
- The top two (2) traffic/installs drivers by pure volume.
- The top four (4) in traffic/install growth from previous weeks.
How do I participate and succeed in this test kitchen challenge?
- Add the “Add to Apps” button properly.
- Make sure the page is the “Vendor product home page” link in your listing on the Marketplace
- Use marketing techniques to drive traffic through your landing page and potentially get featured on our front page.
- Use analytics to check visits made through the “button” medium, and see your traffic flowing to your app.
Posted by Harrison Shih, Associate Product Marketing Manager, Google Apps Marketplace
Want to weigh in on this topic? Discuss on Buzz